Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Day 4: City of Angels

So yesterday I got up and did the 7 am Spin Class which was better then the one the night before and I felt a got a better workout. After the class I stopped and had a liquid breakfast of Starbucks Hot Chocolate and then headed home to get ready to leave.

Holli got here about 10am but before we left we had to make a quick trip to Enterprise. The remote for the car was not working and I wanted to have it fixed or get another vehicle. While it was a mild annoyance I wanted something that worked yet didn't want to seem like an @$$hole about something kinda trivial. I had called ahead and they told me to stop in and they would see what they could do. However, after we got there they said that they could either upgrade (= more $$$) or trade it out for a car that did not have power features ...so I decided to keep the car.

After dropping my car back at the apt complex we headed up to L.A. for the day. The first stop was Hollywood Blvd. After lunch I wanted to see if Superman Chris Dennis from my favorite documentary Confessions of a Superhero (2007) was out doing his thing. As we exited onto the street there were two Batmen and a Spiderman that looked like he had just swallowed a bowling ball, and a Johnny Depp want-to-be pirate. We walked down the street to the Chinese theater where Dennis hangs out and we passed a Joker and Harley Quinn. To set the following exchange up I was being a geek and wore my Green Lantern t-shirt.

Joker: Oh know it's Green Lantern
Harley Quinn: Where's your ring?
Me: I lost it somewhere.
Joker: You better watch your back then

Now had I not been focused on meeting Christopher Dennis I would have stopped and had my picture taken with them but I was focused. So we walked to the Chinese Theater and I saw no Superman, there were two Supergirls but no Christopher Dennis. So we walked around and looked at the hand prints in front of the theater. So I was like ok I will go get that picture with the Joker and Harley Quinn, so we walked back and they were gone... so we walked up the street to the Scientology church and then stopped into Starbucks for a drink then we walked back up to the Theater to see if we could find either the Joker or Superman but no luck. There were two Spiderman's, a Wolverine, a Hulk (most likely not the one from the documentary) but not the ones I was looking for. So we left and headed to the Griffith Observatory.

Hollywood Blvd Slideshow:


So we left Hollywood Blvd and went up to the Griffith Observatory which was really cool:


So after hanging out at the Observatory we head out and drove around and drove back to Hollywood Blvd to see if Superman or the Joker/Harley Quinn had returned but alas it was not so...we saw Spongebob, a crappy looking Joker, Bart Simpson and Marlyn Monroe. I am still kicking myself for not getting the picture with Joker and Harley Quinn.

After driving around we decided it was time to head to Dodger Stadium to see the Dodgers play the Rockies. Parking at the stadium was great and so were our seats.
We were right next to the left field wall and had to keep alert during batting practice. The seats also allowed me to see Manny Rameriez, I wanted to heckle him but feared retribution from the Dodger fnas who had repeated "Manny-gasims." The one thing I didn't like $11 beers...outrageous...but I had 3 anyway and they are running quite the racket there they have regular size and large sized on their menu but don't carry the regular sizes only the large. So we watched the game until the end of the 8th inning since they were losing 8-3 plus I was tired from being out all day. When I got back I made that quick post and headed to bed.


All in all it was a fun day even though I was disappointed not to get to see Superman Christopher Dennis or get a picture with the Joker/Harley Quinn.

No comments: