Monday, April 24, 2006

The Waiting: Over Analyze This

So I am still trying to rank my preferences for the PMI program I interviewed for last week in Albany. I think this is because I am still going over (and over and over) the interviews I had and trying to figure out which one should be my top choice. I have pretty much decided the bottom two mostly based on the other positions interest me more.

Of the two of which will be my first and second choice I keep going back and forth on which one I have a better chance of getting vs. which one would I want the most.

Case in Point:
The agency I would really like to work for was the shortest interview I had. I don't know if this is a good or bad thing. First, I arrived about 10 minutes prior to the scheduled interview time and started early and finished about 20 mins. before the alloted time was completed. We had a good discussion and I hit the points I feel I needed to hit for the most part (see below) and even got some extra bits of information in the process. As I said I feel I got most of the important points in the interview but (and this is an example of my over analyzation) I was driving in the car and think about this particular interview and it hit me. The question that was asked was about if I felt comfortable getting up and given presentations and such to groups. I replied I had no problem with this since I had to do this with my fraternity involvement. It hit me that duh! I am a substitute teacher I get up in front of strangers everytime I work and have no problems. Now we did talk about my being a substitute and things I learned from doing that. I would hope that they would realize that along with talking about my responsibilites as a sub. teacher that this would be a part of it but it is just one little thing that keeps nagging me like a scratch that can't be reached.

OH well... I will probably rank them tomorrow and then continue to replay each interview looking for that one small sign that they were interested and gauge my chances for that position and if I ranked it correctly.

No comments: