Sunday, April 23, 2006

The Waiting (is the Hardest Part)

Yeah I used a Tom Petty lyric as a title...but it is the truth.

I am waiting to hear back from the NY Public Managemnt Institute on a Fellowship that I applied for back in October. This is the same fellowship that I had to go to Albany in Feb. and posted the infamous blog about my massive intake of caffiene and the lack of sleep that followed. I traveled to Albany on Tuesday which is an 8 hour trip from Morgantown. Wednesday I had two interviews with the Human Resources division of Civil Service and DMV. Then later that day I attended the reception and pressed the flesh with the people I interviewed that day and some of the other candidates. Thursday I had my last two interviews with the Civil Service Division of Planning and Development.

I think that they went well and its going to be hard ranking my preferences. I think they said that 77 people were interviewing for the 50 availible positions. I am still very nervous. I have been looking for a job for 2 years now and if I don't get a position I am going to be VERY upset. I liked Albany...sizewise it reminds me of Pittsburgh or Cleveland. I have to wait and will find out the first week of May which while not that far off it seems like forever.

No comments: