Thursday, September 25, 2008

Debating the Debate

So tomorrow there may or may not be a Presidential debate...and if you ask me I don't care.

First off it seems kinda stupid to have it on a Friday night when people usually are not watching TV (I could be wrong seeing as I have not had mine on in 2 months).

Even if they do have it what good can come of it? Do the debates really influence people or are they merely a tool for both sides to perpetuate the Politics of fear and half truths and then try to spin it so that they come out looking good while making the other guy look like the devil incarnate.

If either candidate has more to lose I would have to say it would be McCain since Obama's whole M.O. is that of an orator.

You heard it here first it will be a repeat of the first Kennedy-Nixon debate. Historians and the public at the time agree that "fact wise Nixon won" but Kennedy was charismatic and used his oration skills to appeal directly to the people. Sure this is a pretty basic recap but I don't have the time or energy to do it any more justice.

So that's my two cents on the debates...I will be gloating and saying "I told you so" on Saturday.

and as always Whom ever wins...the Nation loses.

No comments: