Thursday, December 29, 2005

Year in Review 2005

Well...

It's almost that time of year again...Time to start a new year.

Where has the year gone?
As I sit here at my brother's computer in Connecticut and type this I try to remember both the good and bad of the passing year.

The first half of the year was spent working a thankless job for an evil corporation (TICKETMASTER). This was a job I would not wish on my worst enemy (exception made for Johnny Damon). This job and period of time was truly a low point in my life as I was not doing something that was fulfilling while my friends continued to progress with their lives.

After many failed attempts at finding a good job I decided that the best course of action would be to go back to WVU and complete my Masters of Public Administration program bringing my collection of degrees to 2 undergrad degrees and 2 graduate degrees. Not only did this work out but I also got the chance to reconnect with old friends from school and church in the Morgantown area but to start to make new ones also.

I did some traveling this year both recreational and business(Fraternity). Fraternity wise I went to Memphis in April and various trips to the Cincinnati area. Recreational travel included Tampa, FL where I got to see the Red Sox play at Tropicana Field, Cleveland to see the Indians play the Athletics(2 games), Pittsburgh to see the Pirates, Cincinnati to see COLDPLAY in concert, and of course Connecticut to visit my brother and check out UCONN.

Overall I would rate the year 6 out of 10. No major changes in my life and pretty much same type of luck in areas I have been trying to change.

Hopefully 2006 will be a better year all around.

-c

No comments: