Sunday, July 15, 2007

Cast Away and Vacation

WARNING: This post contains lots of pictures and a video from YouTube.

So I now I promised weekly updates on the blog awhile ago but the last 2 weeks were the exception...whatcan I say,you get what you pay for. Truth be told I took off work the week of the 4th and drove down to WV.

The Friday before the 4th I drove to Morgantown and spent the weekend there visiting friends before heading on home . The catch was my mom did not know I was coming in so when I started down the road I called and told her I would be calling later after I got off work because I needed her to look for something on the computer for me. When I pulled into the neighborhood I called and made sure she was at the computer before pulling in the driveway and ringing the doorbell. Needless to say she was surprised and I think glad to see me especially since she was planning on coming up to Albany in 2 weeks. While home I got to see my grandparents and we had an impromptu cookout on the 4th.

While I had a fun time on the 4th it was hard to watch everyone else throw horseshoes and not be able to myself. Saturday I left home and went back up to Morgantown, spent the night, then left for Albany after going to church. But overall I enjoyed my week in WV and was glad I went even if I did have to drive one armed in a hot car with no AC for 10 hrs and feel I got the proper amount of mothering after having to take care of my injured self for over a month.

So Monday morning when I got back to work I had a ton of emails to go through and it turned out the meeting that I was supposed to have which I had to reschedule my cast removal for had been changed to this coming week. I was not happy especially when 2 days last week were very hot and humid and I had an oven on my my arm. Well Friday finally came and I could not wait to get my cast off my arm.



As you can tell this one is better then the first becasue I knew what I was doing this time. Just in case you can see all the dead skin here are some better shots of my hand/arm that was covered by the cast:


Here is a picture of how skinny my arm is:


I now have limited usage of my thumb and wear a wrist brace. I am going back on Friday to be reevaluated to see if I require rehab.


I need to come up with a creative way to use this to remind myself not to do stupid stuff in the future:



So this weekend I have been picking the dead skin off my hand and cleaning my house which has fallen into much disrepair over the past 2 months (pictured below) or so especially since my mother is going to be here tomorrow.






I was in the middle of a massive organization of the collection when I had the accident.

I am hoping to start spinning again at the gym again within the next week. Since the accident I have probably put on 8-10 pounds and I can feel it ...UGH! Well I better jet still have some stuff to do before tomorrow when mom arrives.

-c

No comments: